TNPSC invites interested and eligible candidates to apply for Assistant Engineers recruitment for Tamilnadu PWD department through Combined Engineering Services Exam ( CESE ).
TNPSC CES notification released first on Feb 28th online on the official tnpsc.gov.in portal and since then online registration is live till March 26th.
Candidates who hold engineering degree and looking for a govt job in the same engineer cadre may find this CES exam much relevant.
TNPSC CES Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2018
- Issue of Notification: Feb 28, 2018
- Online Registration Started : Feb 28, 2018
- Last Date to Apply Online : March 26, 2018
- Date of Exam Paper I & II : May 20, 2018 ( FN / AN )
- Date of Release of Answer Keys: May 23, 2918
- TNPSC CES Result Date : September 2018
- Official Notification: Click Here
- Apply Online : Click Here
Candidates who’ve interests in applying for the Combined engineering service examination may do so before the last date as there will no extension time be given by TNPSC.
There are 4 posts for which the recruitment exam is conducted which are given as follows,
- Assistant Engineer ( Civil ) Water Resources Dept PWD : 70
- Assistant Engineer ( Civil ) Buildings PWD : 23
- Assistant Engineer ( Electrical) PWD : 42
- Assistant Engineer ( Civil ) in Highways Department: 160
- Assistant Engineer in Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Dept : 29
Candidates need to pay a registration fee of Rs.150 if you don’t have One Time Registration on TNPSC.
Exam Fee: Rs.200 for General , No Fee for SC/ST/Differently abled & destitute window of all communities.
Candidates can make payment through TNPSC online portal itself using debit/credit/netbanking .
If you don’t have any such option, you may try offline option of paying through DD / Postal order.
Another important criteria which everyone ask is whether my age is eligible to apply for TNPSC CES Exam ?
If you’re SC / ST / MBC / BC / BCM / Widow there’s no age limit at all, for all others the maximum age is 30 years or below.
Candidates should have completed engineering in respective branch in which they’re applying from UGC recognized institution.
Scheme of Exam :
Paper 1: 3 hours, 300 marks
Paper 2: 2 hours, 200 marks
Total: 570 marks
Minimum qualifying marks for SC/St/MBC/BC/BCM is 171, for others 228 marks.
So one has to score atleast 171 to qualify .
Candidates who appear for TNPSC CES exam will be selected based on the marks obtained from
- Written Exam
- Oral Test/interview
Please note, once you apply for CES exam, further notification information will be informed through SMS/Email.
Candidates need logins to download CES hall ticket later in the month of MAY 2018.